Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wide-Set Eyes

It's been a couple of months since my last post but fear not for I have returned to update it. In all seriousness I have decided to get back into the swing of posting on here since I have not been consistent. 


So to kick things off I have decided to expand on my last post on eye shape and do some tutorials for each one. To begin I have chosen wide-set eyes.


Wide-Set Eyes are characterized by appearing far apart on the face. If the space across the bridge of your nose (in between both eyes) is wider than the actual with of one eye then it is considered Wide-Set. Normally wide-set eyes give a person the appearance of looking more youthful. Often times models have wide-set eyes as it is preferred since they appear younger and with makeup can be made to look more mature if needed. Some Celebrities that have side-set eyes are: Rihanna, Brandy, Amanda Seyfried, Zoe Saldana, Kate Moss


When applying makeup you should always take into account different elements, like eye and face shape. 

Tips on making this eye shape appear closer together

1. When placing shadows onto the lid place the darker shadow towards the inner corner. That helps make the eyes appear closer together versus using a lighter shadow which will only open up the eye and make it appear wider apart. 


2. In terms of how far one should blend out the shadow, do not extent the shadow too far from the outside corner of the eye. Anything that extends past your actual eye will give the illusion that the eyes are being pulled towards the outside of the face which will further extend your eyes. Keep the shadow close to where your eye ends. A smokey eye for this eye shape needs to be reworked differently. 




Posted below is a tutorial that I recently did on my sister who happens to have wide-set eyes. She wanted a colorful look to go out. I did put an inner corner highlight but only because she asked, otherwise I wouldn't. Either way I did not extend her eye shadow farther than her eyes and concentrated it towards the inner part. I shall be posting another video up soon of a reworked smokey eye for this eye shape so stay tuned!




Thanks for reading and have a Beauty-full day! 


0 comments: